Friday, March 22, 2019

The Vegetable Museum













Chloe and her dad have recently moved all the way across the country.  Chloe’s grandfather, whom she had never met, had just had a stroke and her dad decided to go help out.  Her mom stayed at home. Chloe thinks it’s a temporary move but as time goes on she starts to realize that life will never be the same.  Meanwhile, she is developing a relationship with her grandfather and learns about his special garden of heirloom vegetables - each unique and with its own story.  But when her grandfather dies who will take over the garden and what is the secret her father has been hiding all these years.

I really enjoyed this book.  I think it would pair well with a nonfiction book about plant diversity and seed libraries.  It isn’t often that I say this but I wish it had been a tad longer. When I got near the end I was a bit taken aback by how quickly it resolved.  I almost thought I skipped a chapter or two. Otherwise, this was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment