Monday, March 25, 2019

The Size of the Truth










Sam is known as the boy who fell in the well.  When he was 4 years old he fell into a well and was there for 3 days waiting for rescue.  During that time he “interacted” with an armadillo.

Now Sam is starting 8th grade.  He was moved forward 2 years so he is with boys two years older than he is which is (excuse me) terrifying.  He is also with his nemesis - the boy who caused him to fall into the hole in the first place (according to what he remember) and who he thinks always wants to murder him.

But memories are a tricky thing and people aren’t always what they seem.  

Parts of this I liked but overall I had things that annoyed me.  The excuse me every time he was going to swear was funny at first but then got annoying.  The way the chapters started was weird and pulled me out of the narrative almost every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment