Saturday, September 15, 2018

Posthumous


















Ellie and her dad have just moved back to the States from France.  But everything is different now, everything is wrong.  Her mother has died and they are lost without her.  It is Ellie's that she can somehow get her mother's much rejected manuscripts published but when she tries to open her mother's laptop to get them she finds out the password is changed.  Her mother's laptop is a special computer and will only accept 3 wrong password attempts before it starts deleting files.  Can Ellie figure out the password and move on with her life?

The first half of the book actually goes back to her mom's diagnosis and the events leading up to her death.  As I read it I knew there had to be a hint there as to the password.  Then the book started following Ellie's new life and friends as she continued to try the password.  I won't give spoilers but it was a nice ending.

My one complaint was that I wish there was more development of Ellie and her new friends.  They seemed to click very quickly and time passed rapidly in that part of the book.  But I liked it overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment