Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wishing Day


















Well that's a relief.  As I was looking up more information about this book before writing my blog I saw that this is the first in a series.  Thank goodness because otherwise...

The book starts out as Natasha, the oldest of three girls, has her wishing day.  It is a tradition in her town that girls go to a specific tree on the third night of the third month after her thirteenth birthday and makes 3 wishes.  Natasha makes her wishes and then waits to see if they come true.  In the midst of all this is the mysterious disappearance of Natasha's mother 8 years ago, a mysterious person named Emily, a father who is really not engaged and typical family drama and middle school drama.  

I found it really hard to get into the book because there were so many unanswered questions.  The ending left me wondering - wait, what???  So, I am glad there will be a sequel to explain things but I am not sure I got invested enough in this first book... 

No comments:

Post a Comment