Friday, June 20, 2014

Time to Catch Up

Yes, it is summer vacation.  While I have a lot I want to do this summer to get ready for next school year and classwork for my last class for my Masters Degree what I really want to do is read...I love that boxes of MSBA books are showing up.  Between that and NetGalley I have lots to read.

 

I have read one or two of D'Lacey's other books so was pretty excited about reading this one.  This one is quite a bit different and there is a lot that is left unexplained but I felt like it was a satisfying start of a series.  Michael discovers he has a unique gift when he rescues a dog in a dramatic fashion.  This leads to him joining a mysterious organization called Unicorne which his father, who is missing belonged to.  In this book Michael sets out to discover why the dog he rescues is so attached to a withdrawn Goth girl.  There was a lot of action, mystery, and unanswered questions.  I liked it...

 

This is a picture book about Joe Dimaggio's hitting streak.  While it was sent to me as a member of the MSBA committee it is too young and short for our list.  I did find it quite good.  I like the idea of pairing a shorter biography like this with a longer biography.  I will add this to my collection.

   

I really liked Endangered by the same author but this one did not grab me in the same way.  It was interesting but it moved slowly and I just didn't feel as connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment