Sunday, June 15, 2014

How to Outrun a Crocodile When Your Shoes are Untied

 

Hmmm...What to say about this book.  I liked the way it started.  The idea of a family of zookeepers who get to live in a zoo as part of a research project.  Ana seems to enjoy the work of the zoo but at the same time is embarrassed by it. This seems to be mainly because of the Sneerers - a group of girls bullies.  I think this is where the book didn't work for me.  As mean as the girls were...especially posting a picture of Ana's butt on the lockers...and they never got in any trouble?  Didn't work for me.  And of course Ana's best friend moved away, made new friends, and she realizes her crush was a jerk and discovers she actually likes her twin brother's best friend.

I guess all in all the bullying without consequences and then some all too familiar plot ideas made this book kind of a fail for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment