Friday, June 7, 2013

Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Botswana by Patti Wheeler and Keith Hemstreet


 

I will give it to the authors and publishers...they are doing some good marketing of this and the other books in the series.  There is a Website and a Book Trailer.

The premise is interesting.  Gannon and Wyatt are twins and get to travel around with their parents.  The story is told in alternating journal entries.  I though it was pretty good - some good action, good suspense, information about Botswana, issues with poachers.  Some of the book wasn't really believable...really sending the twins off to search for a wounded lioness with a poacher around...dangerous much.  Kids won't care though.  I think boys especially will like the books - they aren't too long and they were interesting.

I read an e-book version from Netgalley and I found that the placement of the illustration sometimes covered portions of the text.

I can give this a ribbet.



No comments:

Post a Comment